Headquartered in Sydney Australia, Global Locomotive encompasses a team of experienced locomotive designers and developers based in Australia and New Zealand.
Our team will match your needs from our CLEAR Power Container family and apply its flexible technology platform to any class of local motive power – from new build for OEM’s through to remanufacturing and repowering locomotives up to 60 years old.
Controlled Locomotive Engine and Repower System
CLEAR ushers in a new era of engine and system control technology to the rail sector
Exclusively powered by the highly respected diesel manufacturer Cummins, our engines use the latest common rail diesel technology designed specifically for the rail industry (including US EPA Tier 3 & Tier 4 solutions available immediately!).
Provides considerable reductions in average fuel consumption
- Direct fuel savings of ~30% by utilising these modern engines alone.
- Additional features can save another ~20%
Greatly reduces exhaust emissions
- Lowered by an average of 91% with CLEAR Ultra
- No visible smoke
Uses modern microprocessor control systems
- Rugged, leading edge proprietary solutions
- Less wear and improved performance
- All weather traction increased to around 30%
Lowers maintenance and breakdown recovery costs
- Improvements in design and manufacture of the new components contribute to vastly lower costs & time required for both scheduled and breakdown maintenance
- New cables and engines replace fire prone components
Quieter with less vibration
- Noise and vibration from both the engine and alternator are reduced by an average of 80%
Full range of power available
- With engine solutions from 760hp (567kW) through to 4200hp (3132kW)
More space for access and maintenance
- Due to the new components smaller physical size, more room is created
- ‘Conversion of old locomotives to a CLEAR Power Container in 12-20 days’ through accredited workshops or in your own facility